Idaho Balsam Fir has a woodsy and refreshing scent. Diffuse for a grounding and calming aroma.
How to Use Balsam Fir Essential Oil
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Abies balsamea† (Balsam Canada) needle oil†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
Transform any of your favorite Young Living essential oils into an easy-to-use roll-on bottle with the patents pending AromaGlide™ advanced roller fitments technology. Each fitment is customized to fit a 5- or 15-ml bottle with an “Sb” marking on the bottom. Includes 10 AromaGlide fitments and caps.
Scents carry with them a wave of memories and associations. Maybe a classic department store perfume reminds you of your grandmother or the squeaky clean scent of bar soap reminds you of your mother. Our essential oil perfume opens up options for personal scents you’ll be remembered for, without scary ingredients. Plus, this DIY perfume is easy enough to make, tweak, and remake for years to come.
First, let’s dive into a couple essentials that you should know, like the “notes” of the essential oil blends that make up your perfume. Typically, you’ll smell the quick-evaporating top notes first, followed a moment later by the middle notes—the heart of the perfume. Finally, you’ll catch the base notes, which complement the top and middle notes.
When selecting botanicals for your perfume, start with the base note, soften with a middle note, and finish with a top note that makes a positive first impression.
Base note essential oils:
Middle note essential oils:
Top note essential oils:
- Empty 5-ml essential oil bottle
- V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex
- AromaGlide Roller Fitment
- Top note essential oil
- Middle note essential oil
- Bottom note essential oil
- Custom labels
- Transparent tape
- Combine 10–15 drops each of your selected oils in the empty bottle until your essential oil blend is balanced.
- Once you’re happy with the blend, fill the rest of the bottle with V-6.
- Put the roller fitment and cap on.
- Print custom labels.
- Wrap label around the bottle and apply transparent tape.
- Roll on to your neck, wrists, or anywhere you apply perfume.
Give your skin some much-deserved love! Not your average moisturizer, this DIY lotion bar uses the warmth of your body to melt natural emollients and essential oils into the skin to smooth, moisturize and hydrate dry hands, heels, elbows, and more.
With a rich base of coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter, this homemade lotion bar recipe has a smooth and rich consistency. We honestly can’t get enough of the clean and fresh lavender-lemon combo we tried, but feel free to get inspired and create your own essential oil blend!
Bonus Tip: If you want to create an exfoliating texture, we recommend adding in some citrus zest, oatmeal, or dried lavender. Have fun experimenting!
- ½ cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup beeswax
- ¼ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- 15–20 drops essential oil of your choice (we recommend 10 drops of Lavender essential oil and 10 drops of Lemon essential oil)
- Optional: dried lavender and lemon zest for exfoliation
- 16-ounce measuring cup
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Silicone molds or muffin tin
- Combine coconut oil, beeswax, shea butter, and cocoa butter in a 16-ounce glass measuring cup.
- Place in a pot with water that rises to halfway up the measuring cup
- Bring water to a boil, stirring frequently until ingredients are completely melted.
- Remove measuring cup from the pot.
- Add dried lavender and lemon zest, if desired.
- Add essential oils and stir until completely combined.
- Immediately pour into molds.
- Let sit overnight.
- Once cooled, remove the lotion from the molds.
- Store in a cool, dry place.